Last week we discussed the importance of developing your buyer persona when creating your content marketing strategy. But once you’ve built your strategy, what can you do to make sure your content gets your sales pipeline pumping?
Here are 5 content tips to consider when developing your content:
- Relevant content: Creating relevant and informative content that speaks to your buyer persona will not only get them thinking, but connect with purchasers in the right stage of the buying process and start those light bulbs going off. A lot more effective than pumping out random sales messages hoping to catch a nibble.
- Know your sales process: Be aware of what happens in your sales funnel. Ask yourself – where do people enter my sales funnel – and where do I lose them? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you generate content that moves your buyers along the funnel to conversion, without losing them along the way.
- Compelling offer and call to action: The key to success is creating a reason for your audience to engage with your content: Dangle a carrot of information that your audience wants or needs and make it compelling enough for them to want to sign up, call or download your content. Inserting a call to action is also paramount to the success of your content – make sure you tell your audience what to do next.
- Test! Split your testing across platforms and content pieces to test what words, design and platforms your audience are engaging with. We find Google Content Experiments a great place to start.
- Design and Copy: Your copy and design should be an extension of your brand and should mirror best practice wherever possible. Using headers, subtitles and bullet points are all a great start in copy making your copy easy to read. Simple, easy to use design elements of all content should be employed – the last thing you want is for your audience to get frustrated with your content and go away!
Start by mapping out your plan and develop your individual pieces of content using the above steps as a checklist to make sure you have your content working for you – not the other way around!
Want to know even more about content marketing? You need to download The quick-start guide to inbound marketing for technology companies today!