Brand chemistry Pty Ltd is committed to the legitimate and responsible usage of data, and the handling of this data in a way that is secure and confidential. This policy outlines the data-handling practices for all data stored and collected during the day-to-day services of Brand chemistry work, and the customer’s right to access, amendment and deletion of this data.
Information we collect
Through our website subscription and contact us forms, we may collect the following information:
Details of the business, which includes:
- First and last name
- Business or personal email address (business preferred)
- Phone number
- Job description
- Employer’s company name
- Website URL
- Brand chemistry services you are interested in
- Role within business
- Customer type (B2B or B2C)
- Staff numbers
- Marketing budget
- Marketing challenges
- Marketing software
- How you heard about Brand chemistry
Brand chemistry does not ask for, collect or process any “Sensitive Personal Data”, including but not limited to: credit/debit card details, data about children, and biometric or genetic data.
How we collect information
Brand chemistry collects data in the following ways:
Information provided to us directly
We collect the information you provide to us through our website subscription service, content download forms and the “Contact us” website form. This information is supplied directly by potential customers at the time of enquiry.
Information collected automatically
Cookies are online identifiers that associate a person with their website visits and clicks. Brand chemistry uses the HubSpot platform and other third-party cookie trackers for the purposes of understanding the location, access times, referral source, interests and browsing times on our website that are attractive to potential customers.
Information from third parties
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources with which we engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
How we use information
Brand chemistry’s basis for keeping and using the data we collect is legitimate interest. The data is supplied directly by the individual or business for the purposes of exploring a relationship or service with Brand chemistry.
We may use data held for the purposes of:
- Entering into a lawful contract with you to provide our services
- Communicating marketing information with you about our services and offerings
- Communicating informative blogs, articles and white papers that may be of interest to you based on the information you have supplied
- Enhancing our website, and social media to optimise user experience
- To produce internal reports and statistics on customers and potential customers for the purposes of optimising our business and services.
Retention of data
Brand chemistry’s basis for retaining and using data is legitimate interest. We retain information that you provide to us when we believe there is an ongoing legitimate interest for both yours and our businesses. Brand chemistry considers storing and using data up to 26 months after last engagement as appropriate to the typical consideration timeframe for they type of services offered.
Engagement is considered to be:
- Website visit
- Email interaction
- Direct contact via subscription or website form
- Any other form of contact that engages electronically or physically with Brand chemistry
- Brand chemistry commits to deleting information and data that has been provided if more than 26 months passes without engagement from you.
Security of data
Brand chemistry is committed to maintaining best practice to ensure that data is kept secure and confidential. All data is stored within HubSpot systems, which are secure and compliant with both the General Data Protection Regulation and the Privacy Act 1988.
In addition to this we commit to:
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in data privacy laws and implementing best practice procedures
- Having a strong reporting process for any data privacy breaches
- Ensure all firewalls are kept up to date.
Transfer of data
Brand chemistry is located in Australia, and the collection of data is not done from within the EU or other parts of the world. By completing Brand chemistry’s web forms, businesses and citizens are providing data to an Australian business and are therefore transferring their own data out of their own country and into Australia.
Brand chemistry is compliant with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and adheres to the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation in the EU. All data regardless of its origin will be handled in accordance with this policy and within the framework of these laws.
Access and amendment of data
You have the following rights around accessing and amending your information. You may:
- Know what data we hold about you, and make sure it is correct
- Request a copy of your data, or ask us to restrict processing your information
- Withdraw your consent for collecting or processing your information at any time
- Request your information be deleted
- Complain about our collection and use of your information.
If you are unhappy with how we are processing your information, please send an email to email@example.com and we will review and investigate your complaint within a reasonable timeframe.
You may also complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
Deletion of data
At anytime you may unsubscribe from our communications by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of your email.
At anytime you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your information be deleted in its entirety. Brand chemistry commits to deleting all your data within a reasonable timeframe and communicating with you when this happens.