You’re crazy overwhelmed, you’re getting a SUL (sweaty upper-lip) and you’ve got that worried feeling in the pit of your stomach. It’s dawned on you, the marketing automation software you’re half-way through implementing is all wrong andyou know it’s just never going to work. Ok, so it might not be that dramatic. But it’s a serious problem, you need to work out how to fix it and get back on track before things really start going downhill.
Before we go any further let’s be clear about what a marketing automation software actually does.
What’s a marketing automation software?
It’s a software platform designed for marketing departments and organisations to market more effectively via multiple online channels.This isn’t just email, it goes into social media, website optimisation and other digital avenues. It then makes it easier to automate commonly performed marketing actions, trigger new campaigns based on people’s demographic information and online behaviour, as well as easily analyse the effectiveness of your marketing activities to ensure maximum ROI.
“The key here is understanding that marketing automation does not do marketing for you, but can help scale your successful efforts.” - A genius at Hubspot
You’ll know if your current software isn’t the right fit if:
- It’s taking an incredibly long time to set-up (and it’s really, really tricky)
- Reporting is taking you hours
- The training provided isn’t teaching you enough and you’re constantly left with unanswered questions
- If you are set up and working, you can’t easily find out where you are or whether you’re actually achieving your goals.
Don’t stress, everything can be fixed.
Ok, you’ve clearly identified your choice in marketing automation software was wrong for various reasons and now you need fix it.
Here’s some words of wisdom from the team here at Brand chemistry to help you on your way:
1. Move sooner rather than later
Dwelling on a problem never fixed it. If you’re changing softwares start working on it now!
2. Make sure you're not jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan — download Brand chemistry’s handy 10-step guide to choosing the right marketing automation software for your business.
3. Get a solid strategy in place to best prepare you for the move
- The top of that strategy should be to hire an expert to help you move the data across and reduce collateral damage.
- Speak to your current support team and get their input.
- Speak to your new support team and see if they can help you or recommend a third-party to assist with the move.
4. Hire that expert to assist you with the move
- Experts will assist you to download your lead scores and migrate your data across, you don’t want to lose your valuable metrics in the process.
5. If there’s absolutely no budget for an expert check out this handy migration guide for doing it yourself - summarised here:
- Document everything
- Remove of out-of-date offers
- Go through all your processes and see if they can be improved
- Back everything up
- Re-sync everything
- Test, test, test
- Remove the old software
Investing in a marketing automation software is a long-term investment and not one that should be taken lightly. Switching can seem counterproductive - but if you know your software is wrong change sooner rather than later. If you want to discover how to best choose a marketing automation software for your business, download this handy 10-step guide to help you.
Brand chemistry is a b2b marketing agency focused on delivering quality leads and measurable results for our clients. Take a look at our client case studies to find out more.