Perhaps you fall into one of these categories, or maybe your business has come of age, and you have the resources and understanding to finally tell a compelling story about who you really are.
This blog looks at five vital signs telling you if it might be time for a b2b rebrand. We also explain the rebranding process steps and a couple of strategic questions you need to consider before you embark on the rebranding journey.
5 vital signs that indicate the need for a b2b rebrand
- Put all your customer-facing folk in a room and get each of them to share their personal one-minute pitch about what makes your business better than the competition. Is the question easy to answer, and does everyone’s pitch have a similar focus?
- Are your sales guys proud of their sales collateral?
- Are your customers’ needs, fears and desires the same as the last you looked at your brand? How about your competitors? And the products and services that you offer?
- Would your brand make it onto a list of b2b brands that hit the mark?
- If you entered the market today, would you choose the brand you currently have?
If you’re answering no to any of these questions, chances are you need to take a step back and look at bringing your brand back up to speed again.
Do you need a visual rebrand or a strategic rebrand?
Some companies can get away with simply refreshing their visual identity: a new logo, a splash of colour, or a refreshed typeface. And if all you need to do is give your brand awareness a boost, a simple visual rebrand might just do the trick.
On the other hand, if – like most of us – your market, your product, the way you do business, or the channels through which you do business has changed, you might find that a visual b2b rebrand alone doesn’t deliver the results you had in mind. A more strategic approach to branding will give you a fundamental shift in how you present yourself, rather than just a skin-deep makeover.
What will be the outcome of your branding exercise?
It’s easy to automatically assume that a rebrand gives you a new logo and the design trimmings that go with it. And while a new visual identity, including a logo, is often a powerful way of re-articulating your brand, we often find that the most powerful aspects of brand evolution happen around language. So think hard about what needs to change: is it your visual identity, the language you use when you talk about your company and its products, or both?
Who is going to help?
We believe b2b rebrands are best conducted by a specialist branding agency with a strong strategic focus – and for good reason.
To learn more about the different types of brand archetypes and how to harness their power, download our Hero, Explorer or Outlaw: Which archetype is your brand? ebook today.
Brand chemistry is a b2b marketing agency winning your customers' hearts and minds through inbound, brand, content, lead generation and digital strategy. Our marketing specialists achieve stellar results with the latest lead generation techniques.